The Impact of Social Media Within The Hospitality Industry
Four Pillars Hotels has produced a very nice infographic representing the importance of social media in hospitality industry. According to their research;
– 85% of leisure travelers use their smartphone while abroad,
– 30% of them have used mobile apps to find deals,
– 70% of global consumers say online customer reviews are the second most trusted form of advertising (92% of consumers trust word of mouth and recommendations from friends and family, 47% of consumers say they trust paid television, magazine and newspaper ads.)
– 52% of facebook users said their friends’ photos inspired their holiday
– 40% of global consumers post restaurant reviews
– 46% of them post hotel reviews
– 76% post photos to a social network.
Here is the infographic for the research. This study shows that restaurants, hotels and other players of hospitality industry should spend special efforts for reputation in the social media.